Idea: Photoshop-style navigation in your browser

One of my favorite usability features in Photoshop are the view functions you control with your mouse and a command keys. Especially these:

  • space + click and drag = pan image (like smooth “scrolling”)
  • ctrl + mouse scroll = zoom
  • alt + mouse scroll = scroll horisontally

This tutorial on getting ReSharper keypress (alt+enter) to fix spelling hints in MS Word prompted me to think of other app combos. So the idea is a Chrome or Firefox extension that allows you to easily zoom and pan the website. Kind of how you do it on iPad, you just zoom in and “flow” around the page.

What other navigation or key-combos would you like to see from one app into another?


2 thoughts on “Idea: Photoshop-style navigation in your browser

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s